Compliance Assistance Program (CAP)
An Innovative Turn-Key Regulatory Compliance and Training Program
Over the past 20 years HS&E has developed a Turn-Key Regulatory Management Program that is based on the following principles:
- Many companies are overwhelmed by the number of regulations that apply to their operation and the complexity of implementing these requirements.
- Since complying with regulations is a part of doing business these requirements must be managed regardless of the size of your staff or your business.
- Regulatory agencies are not the only ones concerned about compliance programs. Suppliers, customers and trade associations also require a company to be in compliance and are using this as a basis for whom they do business with.
- Unfortunately, many companies deal with regulations in a reactive and not a proactive way, spending way too much time on determining how to implement a compliance strategy while never developing a lasting approach.
- The result is reporting being completed on a last-minute basis with most of the effort focusing on the deadline and not on what is actually being submitted.
- In addition, training deadlines get missed and records are not managed in an “audit-friendly” manner.
A company can save time and money if it thinks innovatively about how to manage their regulatory compliance programs.
The HS&E program is an innovative approach that has already yielded measurable results for many businesses.
The CAP utilizes a four-phased methodology that will save you time and money and provide you the peace of mind to focus on your business, while being assured that you are always in compliance!
Phase 1: Compliance Evaluation
- Conduct a thorough operations and compliance review
- Identify all applicable safety, environmental, transportation and security regulations
Phase 2: Recommendations on Improvements
- Assess the customer’s strengths and areas for opportunities
- Develop programs based on recommendations
Phase 3: Program Implementation
- Ensure all regulatory requirements have been met
- Develop and implement procedures and timetables to ensure future compliance, including personnel accountability
- Train all employees on the applicable regulations and programs and develop a records management system to insure an audit-friendly system
- Establish a training and records management system to insure future auditability.
Phase 4: Program Maintenance
- Annually review all programs for required updates
- Conduct training on a periodic basis to insure compliance
- Train all new employees on applicable regulations and programs
- Re-train employees on standards that require an ongoing frequency
- Update the records management system
The Following Regulations and Programs are Covered by the CAP
Process Safety Management
OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) and OSHA Star Ranking
- VPP Program Development
- VPP Training (Program elements and employee participation)
- VPP Auditing
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
- Hot Work
- Lock Out Tag Out
- Line Break
- Elevated Work
Personal Protective Equipment including Respiratory Protection
RCRA Hazardous Waste Management and Large Quantity Generator Training
Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan
FIFRA Reporting, Including Customer Supplemental Registration and Contract Packager Management
Label Review and Implementation
ANSI 60 Program and Audit Support
DOT Generalization and Awareness
Transportation Security Plan
Full CFATS Support